Why You Should Get a DHI Hair Transplant, What to Expect, and What to Avoid
DHI is a variant of the FUE procedure. With FUE, a surgeon physically cuts channels in the scalp before implanting hair follicles. Direct hair implantation, also known as DHI, is similar to FUE.
During DHI, they make use of a specific instrument in the shape of a pen that is capable of performing both functions concurrently.
Your hair follicles will be harvested from a region of your scalp, often the back of your head, and then implanted into sections of your scalp that are thinning or balding. These hair follicles are responsible for the growth of new hairs in the future. The surgeon will shave the donor region before numbing it. will use a micromotor to remove hair follicles from the back of your head.
The hair follicles will be placed into the balding area of your scalp using a device fashioned like a pen after being loaded into the device. The region where the donor was will get an application of antibiotic cream as well as a bandage from our team.
Advantages of DHI hair transplant surgery
– The most important point is we can do hair transplant without shaving the bald areas, which help a lot of people who works in some special positions to have the surgery and get back to their work in a few days
– DHI helps many women to have hair transplants without being fear of shaving hair, which was the worst part for women when she has transplants for their hair
– These technique helps in implanting the hair follicles with less damage to the original existing hairs
– With the DHI technique recovery period is much less than fue
– Less bleeding during the surgery as there is no channels stage in this technique
Disadvantages of DHI hair transplant surgery
– With DHI technique we can`t reach more than 4500 grafts in one session, So if the patient needs more we have to take the surgery on 2 days
– Hair Line shape is not 100% natural, which is in FUE technique could be almost 100% natural but that is also depending on the surgeon and his experience
Which is better FUE sapphire or DHI?
Most of the patients who plan to have hair transplant are asking this question.
The answer is: Both are Ideal, But and to get 100% accurate answer we have to see the patient`s hair case.
for example, if the patient has any of these hair loss cases, we recommend him DHI technique hair transplant
As you can see, persons who suffer from hair loss do so either in the crown region or in the front and center regions of their heads, although there are still some hairs present in these regions.
Therefore, if we do a FUE or sapphire hair transplant, the patient may have some damage to their natural hair, which, after a few months, may decrease the chances of the procedure being successful because a patient could see more hair falling out but with DHI hair transplant we reduced that issue